11/9/07

Goodnight, Taiwan

Sara and I are getting ready leave. We have really enjoyed our stay, but are ready to get home to see the boys and get back to life and see how well we can incorporate this kid into our daily routine.

Mae continues to remind us that, just a few days ago, she was an orphan. For example, if Sara walks by without picking her up, she'll say, non-verbally, "Hey, I used to be an orphan, so pick me up." Or if I am holding the remote control, she'll say, again non-verbally, "I used to be an orphan, so give me that." Or she'll pipe up with, "Hey, the sisters at the orphange said you people would take care off me, so why am I not being held?"

It's good to have a baby around again.

I invite all to come and visit Taiwan. You will receive answers to the following questions.

1. What ever happened to Hello Kitty?
2. What does Macdonalds do with all of the leg and thigh chicken meat now that they have gone to all white chicken?
3. How do we find a cure for all of the road rage in America? Do we promote more courteous, more defensive driving?
4. Does it make sense to wear a jacket in 75 degree weather with 80% humidity?

I'm sure there are other questions to be answered. In reality, our trip was incredible and unforgettable (mostly because of the major souvenier we are taking home) and I think Sara andI have both grown as a couple and as people by being here. I've certainly grown to love her even more.

More later.

2 comments:

The Leavitt Crew said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences there. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them. We can't wait to meet Mae!

Sandi said...

Hey guys! thank you for coming over for chinese new year! Now lets get some pics of your new baby on this blog!! Ha Ha