8/2/08

Another stamp in my passport

Lo siento mucho, soy gringo. Translation: I am very sorry, I am a Gringo.
I'm taking a week long humanitarian trip to the Dominican Republic. Mike is taking a week long humanitarian mission of caring for 4 kids, and that includes taking all of them to back to school night. I found a local women who puts together volunteer groups to go over to the DR to work at orphanages, hospitals, and different villages. It's been a great project for me this summer to put together school supplies to hand out while I'm there. I'm so excited and will let you know how it goes. The website for the foundation I'm going though is http://www.children-in-need.us/ if you'd like to check it out. They do some pretty cool things.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

That is so awesome! Please post all about your trip! Take Care!